Sunday, September 12, 2010

ILWT (in love with texting)

Texting texting texting… Where do I even begin? Ever since I was fourteen years old I have been obsessed with texting. My friends all know I’m a big texter. Although I love texting it has gotten me in my share of troubles. Such as getting in trouble in high school for texting during class, family members getting mad at me for texting while their talking, texting while having dinner, and the most memorable texting too much. When I was a junior in high school my uncle decided to request my phone records because my bill was $500. Once he received the records there were no words that could explain his rage after finding out I had received 30,000 text messages in one month alone. I know it seems a little extreme, it even surprised me but that’s what happened.


Pesonally I prefer texting rather than talking on the phone because it allows you to do other things. If you’re on the phone you have to be listening and holding the phone. On the contrary if you’re texting and you get busy or someone annoys you, you can simply take a while to reply or stop completely. In other words thank heavens for texting!

5 comments:

  1. Of those 30,000 messages, how many of them do you remember? It used to be people said less and conveyed more. You must have thumbs of steel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW 30,000 texts! That's amazing. You do make a valid point about being able to delay in responding to other people, it can prove convenient at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30,000? Whoa!!! I don't know whether to be impressed or worried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes people do get annoying and its good to not have to reply

    ReplyDelete
  5. no wonder you stop replying to me! you find me annoying, how sad

    ReplyDelete